This section is being revised as brave adventuring wranglers are pursuing their missions
Please remove this when you have a update for Parribea section, and add in for Alcatraz. Favoria is pretty much done now so this secton deserves a much needed re-vamp!
Fish Wrangler is one of the fast-growing popular games on Facebook that is a turn-based game where you have the chance of catching a wild variety of unique fish every 15 minutes. There have been suggestions to create a simple guide for many months and it is hoped that this one fills that void. Below is not the only way to play the game, but it does outline one possible path to follow for the fun of the game and be successful at the same time.
This is only a chronologically-based outline and it is strongly advised to learn more about Fish Wrangler from the game, itself, and in the rest of this Wiki. Included for each step are at least the main links you can follow to find out more information on each topic discussed. There are no tricks or play-strategy information within this particular guide. However, there are some possible spoilers as there are throughout the Fish Wrangler Wiki.
You can venture off to do additional quests, catch rare fishes, but doing what is written in this guide will ensure you progress through the game quickly, and that then allows you the ability (and gold) to do whatever you desire from that point on.
Once you have obtained 4,000 gold, you will also have the option of choosing between the original location of Farovia or you can shuttle over to the newer location of Roperia. Note: This guide is ONLY for Farovia.
Don't forget to add a bookmark or favorite in your browser for http://apps.facebook.com/fishwrangler/my or use the Facebook bookmark option in the Facebook status bar at the bottom of your browser window to start fishing quickly every day!
In this section, each step in the process is broken down by Angler Class so that you don't have to keep a long list in mind as you progress. Since the Monthly Tournament is based upon these classes, it is also helpful so that you know you are on track with a majority of wranglers in the same class that you are competing against during the tournament.
Note that at some times you may have the points, but not the gold to purchase the next pole, boat, skill, or resource mentioned. At others you might have the gold, but not the points. Just keep in mind your next step as you enjoy playing Fish Wrangler and you'll have fun and success.
Activities to do no matter what Angler Class
- Fish Wrangler Wiki: Use this Wiki to find answers to your Fish Wrangler questions. As you gain experience, help make this Wiki better with your input.
- Forum: Become familiar with the Discussion Boards in the game. Especially note the Changelog at the top-left of the Forums as this is where the developer normally announces tweaks to Fish Wrangler.
- Crew Trips and Captain Trips: Invite friends to start playing Fish Wrangler and make friends with those who are already playing. Once they you have Facebook friends playing Fish Wrangler, you gain opportunities to catch more fish each day by making them part of your crew!
- Monthly Tournament: As soon as you have the opportunity, join the tournament and continue competing every month since you can win prizes and playing in the tournaments increase the level of your poles.
- Poles: Once you purchase a pole, it's yours to keep and is rotated into use during various tournaments and for quests.
- Night Fishing: After getting your first boat - join a Night Fishing Crew in Fishertonville. As you progress you are able to change Night Fishing Crews or create your own. It increases the level of your poles, earn gold and points, and increases your catch numbers - all while you are offline! Do not Night Fish alone. Pirates will rob you of most of your earnings, so find someone to go with you each night as you night fish.
- Quests: All quests are optional and not required to advance in Fish Wrangler (except for the first two in Icelantica very deep into the game). If you decide to participate in quests, work on them but don't get overcome by them. We suggest attempting no more than the first couple of each pole until you have fished in most of the areas of the game.
- Red Love Chum: Fish Wrangler is a wonderfully enjoyable free game on Facebook. To keep the game updated and growing, many wranglers have donated money by purchasing the optional Red Love Chum (RLC). Do not buy this at the start of playing - learn more about the game and enjoy it for awhile before making a decision. It can also be traded in the forums of Fish Wrangler for gold, offers can be done to get it, you can win it in the official RLC Raffle or a variety of other fun competitions in the Forum, and it can be found in Treasure Chests. Though many of the advantages are active when getting it through these other means, only certain aspects are available when RLC is purchased using Google Checkout or Paypal.
Aspiring Class (0 - 14,999 points)
- Islands: The first island in Farovia is WaterPort. There are more islands to come!
- Skills: Fishing 101 - you begin the game with this
- Poles: Choose either the Oak Branch (280 gold) or the Broken Standard (300 gold) - you catch the same initial fish with either.
- Chum: Buy and fish with the various chums (hint: some fish have chum preferences).
- Poles: As you gain the gold to do so, buy the other beginning pole that you didn't choose at the start.
- Skills: At 2,000 points learn Introduction to Chumming (2,950 gold)
- Poles: At 13,000 points buy the Fancy Rifle-pole (5,000 gold)
- Become a fan: Join the Fish Wrangler fan page for fun information, pictures, and more
As you come near the upper end of the Aspiring Class you should: have learned your skills up through Introduction to Chumming, have purchased the Fancy Rifle-pole, have success using the chums available (Generic, Steak, Cayenne, Loaf), be inviting friends and making new ones part of your crew, be getting familiar with quests and how to use them to your advantage to progress through the game.
Minnow Class (15,000 - 29,999 points)
- Skills: At 17,000 points learn The Art of Night Fishing and Timing (3,000 gold) once you have caught 2 Emos and 1 Hippie
- Boats: Once you have 20,000 points - buy the Beat up Dinghy (4,000 gold)
- Islands: Set sail (well, start rowing) for Fishertonville
- Poles: At 20,000 points and once in Fishertonville buy the Excali-pole (9,000 gold)
- Night Fishing: Join a night fishing crew leaving out of Fishertonville
As you come near the upper end of the Minnow Class you should: have purchased all poles up to the Excali-pole, have purchased your first boat, be fishing primarily in Fishertonville, have visited Sig's Shell Shoppe to learn about how to use attractants/repellents for fishing, and continue the activities you started previously.
Tuna Class (30,000 - 89,999 points)
- Poles: At 35,000 points buy the Necro-pole (18,400 gold)
- Skills: At 65,000 points learn Habitats of Large Fish (35,000 gold) once you have caught 22 Fiestas and 4 Hates
- Quests (optional): Around this point in the game is when you may have the first real chance to try any of the quests, if you so choose. Again, we suggest not getting too focused on them and only attempt the first one or two of the quest set(s) you choose.
- Review Fish Wrangler: Add a review to the fan page of Fish Wrangler, let the developer know what you feel about the game.
As you come near the upper end of the Tuna Class you should: have learned skills up to Habitats of Large Fish, be fishing primarily in Fishertonville, and continue the activities you started previously.
Shark Class (90,000 - 298,999 points)
- Poles: At 100,000 points buy the Steam Powered Hydro-pole (45,000 gold)
- Boats: At 100,000 points buy the Mini Cruiser (35,000 gold)
- Islands: Congratulations! you can now start fishing for bigger fish in Blue Crescent
- Chum: Fish Guts Chum is now available to be bought and used
- Quests (optional): Once your Steam Powered Hydro-pole is level 10, its quests are available to you
- Skills: At 200,000 points learn Mastering Shark Wrangling (100,000 gold) once you have caught 25 Tiger Sharks and 3 Grim
- Poles: At 250,000 points buy the Sonar Pulverizer (200,000 gold)
As you come near the upper end of the Shark Class you should: have learned skills up to Mastering Shark Wrangling, have bought your new boat and bought poles up to the Sonar Pulverizer, be fishing primarily in Blue Crescent, be learning how to use Fish Guts Chum effectively, and continue the activities you started previously.
Exceptional Class (299,000 - 814,999 points)
- Islands: Once you have attracted or caught 2 Volcano Rock Fish with your Sonar Pulverizer, you will be able to fish in Magma Reef
- Resources: Once in Magma Reef, go to Earl's Lava Shack to buy a Lava Suit (30,000 gold)
- Poles: Buy a Cubey Incinerator (125,000 gold) - the only pole that works in Magma Reef
- Chum: Only Fire Sludge and Steak (and the optional RLC) works in Magma Reef
- Quests (optional): Once your Cubey Incinerator is level 10, its quests are available to you
- Skills: At 800,000 points learn The Secrets of Farovia (375,000 gold) once you have caught 200 Tiger Sharks, 30 Red Diablo
- Quests (optional): Once your Sonar Pulverizer is level 20, its quests are available to you
As you come near the upper end of the Exceptional Class you should: have learned skills up to The Secrets of Farovia, have bought your Cubey Incinerator and Sonar Pulverizer, be fishing primarily in Blue Crescent and Magma Reef (and cooling down your Cubey Incinerator in either WaterPort or Fishertonville), be learning how to use Fire Sludge Chum effectively, and continue the activities you started previously.
Sensational Class (815,000 - 2,429,999 points)
- Resources: Fishing in Blue Crescent with your Necro-pole, and after a while you will find the Scuba Helmet '84
- Resources: After 1,200,000 points, while traveling in your Mini Cruiser to and from Blue Crescent, you will get possession of the Sans Culpra Scroll.
- Islands: You are now able to surface fish in Sans Culpra
- Resources: Fish in Sans Culpra with any pole to find the Message in a Bottle. Go to Earl's House in WaterPort. Make sure to note 2 things: the password for Earl is in the message and you will need to write down where Earl is when you first visit him because he'll ask you when you later try to buy the Rocket Booster.
- Resources: Buy a full tank of Oxygen (8,000 gold) from Earl
- Poles: Buy the Spear Gun (250,000 gold) to start scuba fishing in Sans Culpra
- Resources: Eventually, Earl will sell you the Rocket Booster for your Mini Cruiser
- Skills: After 1,750,000 points and 200 dives buy your Scuba Fishing License (400,000 gold) from Earl
- Poles: Also after 1,750,000 points you can have Earl upgrade your Spear Gun to a Pneumatic Spear Gun (as long as your original Spear Gun is at least level 10) for 200,000 gold. It is suggested to wait until your Spear Gun is at least level 42 so that when it upgrades you have a level 15 Pneumatic Spear Gun and can begin on the quests for that pole, if you wish.
- Quests (optional): Once your Pneumatic Spear Gun is level 15, its quests are available to you
As you come near the upper end of the Sensational Class you should: have earned your Scuba Fishing License, have bought your Spear Gun and upgraded it to the Pneumatic Spear Gun, have learned to scuba fish effectively, be fishing primarily in Sans Culpra, and continue the activities you started previously.
Prodigious Class (2,430,000 - 7,289,999 points)
NOTE: Due to additional islands/locations brought into the game in spring 2010 and again in spring 2015, the chronological approach splits off at this point. You now have the choice to go to either Geminisles (unlock Poseidon's Ring by catching a Peccant Fish) or Icelantica (going to Glacier Bay or going to newer Fahwahvia.) It has been suggested that if you are short on gold, go to Geminisles first, then Icelantica and Fahwahvia last (especially as Fahwahvia is not one of the Monthly Tournament locations until Legendary class plus it offers the least points and gold).
- Resources: Once you attain 33% Prodigious (~4,009,000 points), Earl will give you instructions on what he needs to build a GPS Device (100,000 gold). Two sets of the items you can actually get before this, but for the third set of items you will need to have the instructions.
- Islands: Once you have had the GPS Device for about 24 hours, you will receive the coordinates from the Ancient Mariner to travel to Glacier Bay
- Evilness and Goodness: Before making purchases in Icelantica, decide if you would like to follow the evil or good 'path' while fishing there - both are equal and catch the same fish until the highest levels
- Boats: Buy either the Hybrid Cruiser or Toxic Cruiser (300,000 gold)
- Poles: None of the poles you have now will work in Icelantica so buy either the Holy Liberator (HL) or Evil Obliterator (EO) (600,000 gold) and make sure to read how the pole levels and the add-ons you will need to purchase as you advance
- Chum: Veggie Blend Chum and Nail Goo Chum are especially made for the fish of Icelantica
- Resources: After your HL/EO is level 13, once you catch an Angelica on a regular cast you will receive Snow Shoes
- Islands: Once you have the Snow Shoes, you are able to travel to San Digloo though it is advised to wait until your HL/EO is level 22 before starting to fish in San Digloo for better success
- Poles: Your third through fifth HL/EO add-ons are purchased in San Digloo
- Resources: In order to fish in San Digloo, you will need either the Good Olde Auger or Crude Olde Auger (300,000 gold)
- Quests: Once your HL/EO is level 15, its quests are available to you. You will need to complete the first 2 quests for either pole in order to advance after you have gotten through Icelantica.
- Islands: After your HL/EO is level 32, you will catch an Inuit on a regular cast it will show you the path to Lake Freezberg though it is advised to wait until your HL/EO is at least level 54, if not level 64 to avoid low catch rates in Lake Freezberg
- Resources: Your original auger isn't powerful enough to drill here. So you have the option of buying either the Solar Powered Auger or Blood Powered Auger (500,000 gold). However, holes drilled in San Digloo 'transfer' over to Lake Freezberg. Understand if you don't buy the new auger, you will need to travel back and forth every hour to drill holes.
- Poles: Your sixth through eighth HL/EO add-ons are purchased in Lake Freezberg
- Resources: While in Lake Freezberg, you will find a Recycled Starter Tent or Endangered Animal Tent in a Treasure Chest that you will need once you unlock Snowpeak River
- Islands: After your HL/EO is level 69 (or 72 - depending on the source of information) a Bottom Feeder will wander by in Lake Freezberg. Bribe it with rum (or gold) and you will be able to travel to Snowpeak River though it is advised to wait until HL/EO is at least level 83, if not level 86 to avoid low catch rates in Snowpeak River
- Skills: At 6,000,000 points learn Sub-Zero Survival Training (475,000 gold) in Snowpeak River
- Poles: Your ninth and tenth HL/EO add-ons are purchased in Snowpeak River
- Islands: After your HL/EO is level 100, catch the Reigning Ice Fish on a regular cast and you will be rewarded with the route to Snowpeak Summit
- Resources: Your Recycled Starter Tent or Endangered Animal Tent will be upgraded to Holy Shack or Evil Shack when you are given the route to Snowpeak Summit
As you come near the upper end of the Prodigious Class you should: have learned the skill Sub-Zero Survival Training, have bought your new Cruiser and the resources necessary for fishing in Icelantica while leveling your Holy Liberator or Evil Obliterator, be using Veggie Blend or Nail Goo effectively, be fishing primarily in the upper areas of Icelantica, and continue the activities you started previously.
Righteous Class (7,290,000 - 21,869,999 points)
NOTE: Once you have reached Snowpeak Summit, you can catch a Karma Fish or Piranha Fish and have earned 450,000 goodness or evilness, the Ancient Mariner will put you on a mission that will take you to Sig's Lair. However it is recommended that if you skipped the Geminisles earlier to do it now, especially if doing the Monthly Tournament as those locations are in this class or vice versa if skipped Icelantica earlier.
- Islands: In Sans Culpra catch a Peccant Fish with a level 18+ Pneumatic Spear, Earl will then show you the secret path to Geminisles and Poseidons Ring.
- Boats: You will need a new Alcatraz Cruiser boat (150,000 gold) as the Mini Cruiser will not work. If you own of the Icelantica boats that can be used to travel there but these Islands pole can only be equipped with the Alcatraz Cruiser.
- Poles: A new Alcatraz pole (200,000 gold) which as stated above can only be equipped on its boat.
- Skills: A new Monster Wrangling skill (150,000 gold).
- Chum: Especially made for Geminisles is the new Blue Earthworm Chum which must be purchased unless you are using Love Chum.
- Quests (optional): Once your Alcatraz pole is level 10, the first quest is available to you. It is advised to NOT purchase the next add-on yet, as it will increase your chances of catching non-quest fish.
- Poles: You will also need to purchase (100,000 gold) the first addon at level 10 as well as the scond add-on (140,000 gold).
- Islands: Once you have caught the Blue Whale Fish with a level 20+ Alcatraz pole, it will unlock the next Geminisles location Misty Cliffs.
- Poles: You will need to purchase the third through sixth Alcatraz add-ons.
- Islands: While fishing in Misty Cliffs, you will temporarily see messages regarding unlocking the next (and last) Island. It tells you that you will need to catch Underbite Fish (with level 50+ pole) in order to unlock Bottomless Depths. Note the Underbite can prove to be rather elusive and is one of the harder tasks in-game.
Extraordinaire Class (21,870,000 - 65,609,999 points)
NOTE: This class for the Monthly Tournament includes Sig's Islands so now is the time to think about starting this area.
- Islands: Once you have reached Snowpeak Summit, catch a Karma Fish or Piranha Fish and have earned 450,000 goodness or evilness, the Ancient Mariner will put you on a mission that will take you to Sig's Lair.
- Poles: It's time for a new pole since none other works here. Choose either the Algaenite or Planktonite (700,000 gold) and make sure to read how the pole levels and about the add-ons you will need to purchase as you advance.
- Chum: Especially made for Sig's Lair are the Algae Chum and Plankton Chum
- Islands: Once you have caught the Spectacled Hate Fish and have earned 550,000 goodness or evilness you will unlock Sig's Vault.
This section is being revised as brave adventuring wranglers are pursuing their missions
As you come near the upper end of the Righteous Class you should: be completing your mission with your Algaenite or Planktonite pole and using Algae or Plankton Chum effectively, and continue the activities you started previously.
Incredible Class (65,610,000 - 115,499,999 points)
As you come near the upper end of the Incredible Class you should continue the activities you started previously. NOTE: Fish Wrangler is an ever-evolving and growing game. By the time you have reached this Class, there will be new areas, fish, poles, resources, quests, etc that will be added (or perhaps you will add) to this guide.
Legendary Class (115,500,000 - 175,899,999 points)
As you come near the upper end of the Legendary Class you should continue the activities you started previously. NOTE: Fish Wrangler is an ever-evolving and growing game. By the time you have reached this Class, there will be new areas, fish, poles, resources, quests, etc that will be added (or perhaps you will add) to this guide.
Légendaire Class (175,900,000 - 249,999,999 points)
As you come near the upper end of the Légendaire Class you should continue the activities you started previously. NOTE: Fish Wrangler is an ever-evolving and growing game. By the time you have reached this Class, there will be new areas, fish, poles, resources, quests, etc that will be added (or perhaps you will add) to this guide.
Phenomenal Class (250,000,000 - 324,999,999 points)
As you come near the upper end of the Phenomenal Class you should continue the activities you started previously. NOTE: Fish Wrangler is an ever-evolving and growing game. By the time you have reached this Class, there will be new areas, fish, poles, resources, quests, etc that will be added (or perhaps you will add) to this guide.
Majestic Class (325,000,000 - 399,999,999 points)
As you come near the upper end of the Majestic Class you should continue the activities you started previously. NOTE: Fish Wrangler is an ever-evolving and growing game. By the time you have reached this Class, there will be new areas, fish, poles, resources, quests, etc that will be added (or perhaps you will add) to this guide.